Saturday, April 14, 2012

Adventures in cardigan knitting

I'm knitting a Chickadee cardigan, and I love love love my colour combo! I think it gives the design a kind of retro-Scandinavian look.


I started knitting it three days ago, and I steamed through the yoke, I was so keen to see the little birds emerge. I've now started on the first sleeve. It's a seamless top-down construction, which I haven't tried before, so it's all quite educational. :)

The yarn is Little Wool Co. 8ply in 'Moorit' (a lovely natural undyed wool), with red accents in The Wool Company's 8ply Perendale in 'Cherry'. The cherry yarn is left over from my first (and only) jersey which I knit last year. Because I'm pretty inexperienced in garment knitting, I waited to start this until I visited Mum, so she could help me figure out what size to make. Fingers crossed we got it right... we shall see...

1 comment:

  1. Haha love it how you zoomed through the bird part so you could see them, they do look lovely I must say

    ReplyDelete