Friday, May 17, 2013

Cardigan complete!

Whee, it's finished at last! And it fits, and the colour is fantastic. :)


I actually finished knitting it last month, shortly after writing this post, but I ordered buttons from overseas and they took a while to arrive. I also really dislike sewing on buttons (disproportionately to other finishing-off tasks - I quite like seaming for example), so procrastination also took its toll.

Anyway, here are the stats...

Pattern: Cria by Ysolda Teague (short-sleeved version),
Yarn: Little Wool Company 4-Ply in 'Lime', 1171 yards (1.3 skeins),
Buttons: vintage ones from this Etsy store.
Things I love about it:
  • the subtle contrast between the garter-stitch top and the rest of it (in stockinette)
  • these simple stitch patterns don't look too 'busy' with the variegated yarn
  • the little details that make it look polished, e.g. the tidy transitions between the garter-stitch front to the sleeve, and the slipped stitches which stop the button bands 'flipping'
  • the stealth pockets are seamless - only the top opening shows
  • the buttons are shaped a bit like wine gums :)
  • did I mention the colour? <3




The weather has cooled down a bit now with winter setting in, but being a warm-blooded creature I should still get to wear it for a little while. Time to get started on my next cardie, which will be a wintry one this time: a golden-brown Iðunn with dark-brown details. It should go a lot quicker, with the thicker yarn. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment