Friday, April 11, 2014

Country matters

As promised, here are my photos from last week's stay at Willie's parents' place in Taranaki. Willie was working 'from home' while we were there, which gave me lots of time to knit, read, and wander around with a camera. :)

Willie's parents run a tree nursery, called Te Kahuri Nurseries. Here's a map showing where in Taranaki I'm talking about...


They often have a few animals on their mini farm, but there were no cows this time. It certainly made it easier to wander around, as I didn't need to worry about securing the gates. Cows make me kinda nervous too - they're often taller than me, and I'm not exactly a country girl... :p

Looking across the paddocks, there are some classic countryside views!

The mountain was hiding behind clouds...




The nursery is a lovely place to wander around, especially in the evening when it's all quiet...


The long driveway


The office

Brian with Leo, rodent-catcher extraordinaire




 

A pear hollowed out by wasps



I did find some cows, safely over the fence in the neighbour's paddocks!


Mooooo to you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment